When someone dies you will need to register the death with the Registrar in the district where the death has occurred. You must register the death within five days unless a coroner is conducting further investigation.
What you need to Register the Death
The registrar will need the following information:
- Full name and any previous names used
- Date and place of death
- Date and place of birth
- Last address
- If married, or in a civil partnership, full name, date of birth and occupation of
surviving spouse or civil partner.
The registrar will also need the following documents:
- Medical certificate of cause of death
- NHS medical card if available
- Birth Certificate of the person who has died
- Marriage or civil partnership certificate.